We were friends, once.
There was a season when conversations arrived without invitation, weekends found us sharing talks, and ordinary days quietly became memories. We never imagined that one day distance would replace familiarity, or that silence would become more faithful than our voices.
Time has an unusual way of parting people. It never announces its arrival; it simply stretches the space between two lives until one day there are no calls, no wishes, and no reason left to ask, "How have you been?"
I spent those silent years weaving myself into someone I had never known. I began understanding myself in deep, and searching for the person hidden beneath my own expectations. Leaving in the middle of the journey was never a failure. Perhaps it was destiny's gentle decree—that the season of companionship had ended, and the season of becoming had begun.
It was painful to let go, but not painful enough to abandon the dreams waiting ahead. Some paths are destined to be walked alone, not because we are forgotten, but because our purpose sometimes requires solitude. I knew I was uncertain, often defeated by my own thoughts. Yet I continued walking, hoping that every hardship would one day become wisdom.
I never wished to become a burden in anyone's story. I wished only to be remembered with kindness.
There were countless words I never spoke because not every friendship needs an explanation, and not every goodbye requires a farewell. Sometimes the greatest respect we can offer a friend is to let them pursue the life they are meant to live. So I chose to wish for your happiness, even if our paths no longer crossed.
Life teaches us an unspoken truth: there are people we are meant to cherish, and there are people we are meant to release. We seldom recognize the difference until silence has already settled between us.
Sometimes a simple "Hello" is enough to remind someone that they still have a place in your memories. Yet life offered me neither greetings nor conversations. One by one, the calls disappeared. The messages faded. Friendship quietly became a chapter instead of a companion.
In the end, I discovered that all I truly possessed was my knowledge, my memories, and the quiet comfort of believing that somewhere, life had been kind to you.
Perhaps I never learned how to make people laugh. I was never extraordinary enough to create unforgettable moments. All I ever knew was how to remain present—quietly, sincerely, without expecting anything in return.
I was never someone meant to stay forever.
I was simply a companion for a season, grateful to have walked beside you while our journeys were the same. Maybe, I was more delicate than I ever admitted, easily changed by people and moments. Yet I have never regretted meeting you. Some friendships are not meant to last forever; they are meant to leave behind wisdom, gratitude, and a quieter understanding of life.
If there remains even a single memory of me, let it stay gently until the final pages of time. Let our shared moments exist, not as regrets, but as quiet constellations scattered across the night of remembrance.
For every conversation,
for every silence,
for every lesson hidden inside distance—
Thank you for allowing me to discover myself through the privilege of your friendship.
And perhaps...
Thank you for becoming a beautiful chapter in my story.
Not every friendship is meant to last a lifetime.
Some are meant to shape a lifetime.
