Translate

The People I Met at the Station

The People I Met at the Station

I sometimes imagine my life as a railway station.

Not a crowded one where everyone knows exactly where they are going. Mine is quieter. Trains arrive, people step down, conversations begin, and after some time, the same people disappear into another train.

For a long time, I thought the important part was finding someone who would stay on my platform.

Maybe that is why I remember people so much.




I have met many of them.

Some were there only for a short part of my life. Some became familiar faces. I would see them often, talk to them often, and slowly their presence became something I expected.

Then one day, they stopped coming.

There was no announcement.

No final conversation.

Sometimes it was simply the end of talking.

If someone stopped speaking to me, eventually I stopped too. I never understood the need to force a conversation that had already ended on its own.

Maybe that is how some people become part of your past—not through a dramatic goodbye, but through silence.

The Person I Never Found

Since childhood, I have known many people, but I never really found that one person I could naturally call my best friend.

I don't know why.

There are still people I can talk to after a long time. We may exchange a few words, laugh about something, and continue with our lives. But there is always a part of me that remains behind a closed door.

I can talk to people.

But talking is not the same as being known.

Sometimes I think what I have been looking for is not even a “best friend” in the way people usually describe one.

Maybe I just want someone with whom I don't have to think about every sentence before saying it.

Someone who can sit in silence without making it uncomfortable.

Someone to whom I can tell the things that never seem important enough to tell anyone else.

Someone who doesn't just know what I do, but understands a little of why I am the way I am.

What I Gave

I have helped people before they asked.

Not because I expected something in return. I never wanted people to owe me anything.

I only wanted friendship.

But sometimes I wondered whether that was all people saw in me—a person they could come to when they needed something.

Was I too willing to give?

Was I too quiet to say when something hurt?

Or did I simply care about people differently?

I don't know.

There were people I cared about until I discovered that honesty and trust were not what I thought they were. After that, something changed inside me. I didn't hate them. I didn't want revenge.

I just couldn't stand in the same place anymore.

So I walked away.

The Conversations I Missed

Maybe I also played a part in losing people.

There were places where I couldn't find myself because I didn't know how to talk.

I would watch people around me speaking so naturally, while I stood there trying to decide whether I should say something.

By the time I found the courage, the moment had passed.

Sometimes people seemed as though they didn't really want to talk to me. It felt as if simply approaching them meant I wanted something from them.

I didn't.

I just wanted to be part of the conversation.

College was once full of voices. People talked, laughed, made plans, and filled ordinary days with noise.

Now most of those voices belong to another time.

And sometimes I ask myself a strange question:

Why did I choose to become this quiet?

I'm not even sure I chose it.

Maybe I became quiet after learning that not every door opens just because you knock.

The Fear of the Next Train

There is another thing I rarely say.

Sometimes I feel that I need someone.

And sometimes that thought scares me.

Especially when I imagine becoming attached to someone, perhaps a girl, and slowly allowing that person to occupy a space in my mind that was meant for the rest of my life.

I don't want to lose my direction because I became attached.

I don't want to become distracted.

I don't want to lose myself trying to keep someone else close.

But wanting connection does not disappear just because I am afraid of it.

That is the strange part.

I can know that my parents are there for me. I can know that I am loved. And still feel a different kind of loneliness.

Not the loneliness of having nobody.

The loneliness of having something inside you that you don't know where to put.

Maybe I Was Looking at the Wrong Train

For a long time, I kept wondering who cared about me, who used me, who left because I was not enough, and who might finally stay.

Somewhere in all those questions, I lost sight of myself.

I began to feel like an empty soul carrying pieces of old conversations, old friendships, and old disappointments.

But maybe not everyone who leaves is a loss.

Some people are simply passengers.

They sit beside you for a few stations, share part of the journey, and then their destination arrives.

It doesn't mean the journey was meaningless.

It only means it was never the whole journey.

My Train Is Still Moving

Maybe I will still meet someone with whom I can speak without hesitation.

Maybe I won't.

I don't know.

And for the first time, I don't want to make my entire life depend on that answer.

There are still things I want to become.

There are people I want to make proud.

There are dreams I haven't reached yet.

There are parts of myself I haven't understood.

So perhaps I don't need to keep standing on the platform, watching every train that leaves and wondering whether I should have been on it.

Some trains were never mine.

Some people were never meant to stay.

And some chapters ended before I was ready to close them.

But my journey didn't end with them.

The station is still behind me.

The tracks are still ahead.

And somewhere between the people I have lost and the person I am becoming, I am learning something simple:

I don't need someone else to stay before I can continue moving.

My train is still moving.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.